In this role, the Logistics Clerk - Shipping is responsible for (but not limited to) preparing, picking, and packing items for shipment, handling finished good materials, and loading/unloading trucks.
- Prepare daily shipment schedules by running reports and adhering to customer cycle times for on time delivery.
- Processing of daily reports for outbound shipments.
- Review and apply inventory activities, including movements, deletions, and accurate inputs in the computer system (SAP).
- Pick orders accurately and efficiently using computer generated lists.
- Pack orders using a foam-in-place packing machine and/or according to customer requirements.
- Verifying items for outgoing shipments against bills of lading orders or other records.
- Loading and unloading materials/shipments in and out of vehicles and containers.
- Use a computerized system (SAP) for labeling, processing freight, downloading shipment logs, and tracking shipments.
- Putting finished good materials away for storage while maintaining FIFO practices (First In, First Out).
- May maintain department databases and prepare routine reports.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety/environmental practices.
- May mentor and train staff performing related work.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required with 2-5 years of related work experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or inventory control.
- Ability to reconcile stock counts to report data.
- Database management skills in Excel.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to pick, pack, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Clerical, word processing, and/or office skills.
In addition to highly competitive compensation and bonus plan, KNF offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401K retirement plan and generous paid time off.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***