Associate Mechanical Assembler
This position will assemble and test complete pumps and associated subassemblies to meet product specifications and schedules. This position will work under the guidance of more experienced assembly personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assembles subassemblies and complete pumps as per drawings, work instructions, and verbal instructions
- Operates mechanical presses, automatic tube and wire cutting machines, and semi-automatic wire crimping and assembly machines to create subassemblies and final assemblies
- Operates various mechanical hand tools and fixtures to assemble products
- Performs manual gluing operations
- Operates electrically and pneumatically driven screwdrivers to install fasteners
- Produces high quality products consistently in a manual assembly environment
- Performs operations in an efficient manner by completing assigned tasks within assigned time allocation and schedule constraints. Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency
- Tests subassembles and finished products using pneumatic gauges, flowmeters, and associated fitting hardware while applying AC or DC power
- Performs occasional maintenance work including maintaining work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Maintains an organized and efficient work area using 5S practices
- Paints finished pumps and/or pump components as required
- Follows all applicable safety procedures and processes
- Acts as a team player in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Acts in accordance with company policies and cultural programs (LEITBILD and The KNF Way).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Mechanical aptitude a plus
- Ability to read and understand drawings is a plus
- Takes initiative, and works well in a team evironment
- High school diploma/GED preferred
In addition to highly competitive compensation and bonus plan, KNF offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401K retirement plan and generous paid time off.
This is a full time position. Day and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm. Occasional overtime work is required during busy times of the year and as production cycles require.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***