CNC Lathe Machinist
The CNC Lathe Machinist meets production schedules and requirements by setting up and operating Mazak CNC Lathes with live tooling, fabricating parts from stainless steel and aluminum.
The CNC Lathe Machinist operates Machine Shop tools in order to fabricate parts for the U.S. operations of the multi-national company.
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities)
- Set up and operate Mazak CNC Lathes
- Ability to alter tool offsets, as well as edit Mazatrol programming, to ensure correct part dimensions
- Ability to complete secondary operations on manual equipment such as drill presses, manual lathes, and tapping machines when time permits
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to correctly measure parts using basic machine shop measuring instruments
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience setting up and operating CNC equipment (Mazak preferred)
- Experience with live tooling preferred
- Experience editing programs
- Have knowledge of the metric system, or the ability to learn the metric system
- Must be able to read, as well as write, in English
- Must have basic mathematical skills
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a non-exempt position working the second shift Monday through Friday, 3:30pm to 12:00am.
- There must be flexibility to work above and beyond these hours to finish work or when necessary including overtime and weekends.
- Must also be available to work first shift for training and as needed, 7:00am to 3:30pm
In addition to a competitive base salary and sales performance bonus structure, KNF offers a comprehensive benefits package, including low-cost medical and dental coverage, paid time off, and 401(k) plan with company contribution.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***