Field Sales Engineer
The Field Sales Engineer position is responsible for achieving Company’s OEM Division sales goals within the assigned territory by focusing on the management of existing customers, development of new opportunities, furthering strategic OEM markets, and
The Field Sales Engineer position is responsible for achieving Company’s OEM Division sales goals within the assigned territory by focusing on the management of existing customers, development of new opportunities, furthering strategic OEM markets, and developing strong and rewarding internal and external customer relationships.
This is a remote, work from home position covering the NJ, PA, DC, VA and FL region.
- Achieve sales objectives and metrics, and provide accurate forecasting, as these are the primary measures of overall success
- Identify new product applications at existing and new customers - which typically are OEMs, End Users, Contract Manufacturers, and Value Add Resellers
- Prepare and deliver on-site presentations and written proposals
- Assess the technical challenges the customer is trying to achieve or overcome
- Ask questions to develop understanding and gain credibility as a subject matter expert to achieve bid opportunities, present solutions, and gain commitments from the customer
- Continually refine excellent technical knowledge of Company’s products and capabilities – product specifications, applications, modifications, and troubleshooting – as the customer will depend on you rather than engineering to present proprietary customer solutions
- Manage (communicate to) the technical, purchasing, service, quality, and management functions of our customers, recognizing their parallel and important roles in securing new projects
- Manage multiple projects which may have anywhere from a 3- to 18- month development cycle
- Communicate requirements to internal key stakeholders (Production, Product Engineering, Customer Service, Marketing, Quality, etc.) to establish clear expectations for success, while remaining aware of other’s work priorities
- Efficient trip planning and effective visit preparation skills
- Complete effective and timely sales call reporting to aid in market analysis, new product development, and pricing strategies
- Cooperate with teammates both in and outside the Sales department
- Represent Company at trade shows and conferences
- Act in accordance with company policies and cultural programs
- 75% travel within territory (approximately 10% overnight)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Engineering required; BSME preferred
- 5+ years’ experience selling engineered products
- Professional experience with an industrial manufacturing company providing electro-mechanical devices, fluidics, vacuum / pressure equipment, and/or small motors is preferred
- Communication skills must be excellent and will include onsite presentations, written proposal preparation, and effective email, phone, and face-to-face communications
- Microsoft Office proficiency required
- SAP and CRM experience preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license, as travel to customer locations will be necessary
In addition to highly competitive compensation and bonus plan, KNF offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401K retirement plan and generous paid time off.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***