Field Sales Engineer
The Field Sales Engineer will be responsible for achieving Company’s OEM Division Sales goals within the assigned territory by focusing on the management of existing customers, development of new opportunities and prospective customers, furthering strategic OEM markets, and developing strong and rewarding internal and external relationships.
We are looking to hire a Field Sales Engineer to our dynamic OEM Sales Team. This home-office based position will support customers in Massachusetts: Greater Boston area primarily along with western and southern Mass.
- Achieve sales objectives and metrics, and provide accurate forecasting, as these are the primary measures of overall success
- Identify new product applications at existing and new customers - which typically are OEMs, End Users, Contract Manufacturers, and Value Add Resellers
- Prepare and deliver on-site presentations and written proposals
- Assess the technical challenges the customer is trying to achieve or overcome
- Ask questions to develop understanding and gain credibility as a subject matter expert to achieve bid opportunities, present solutions, and gain commitments from the customer
- Continually refine excellent technical knowledge of Company’s products and capabilities – product specifications, applications, modifications, and troubleshooting – as the customer will depend on you rather than engineering to present proprietary customer solutions
- Manage (communicate to) the technical, purchasing, service, quality, and management functions of our customers, recognizing their parallel and important roles in securing new projects
- Manage multiple projects which may have anywhere from a 3- to 18- month development cycle
- Communicate requirements to internal key stakeholders (Production, Product Engineering, Customer Service, Marketing, Quality, etc.) to establish clear expectations for success, while remaining aware of other’s work priorities
- Efficient trip planning and effective visit preparation skills
- Complete effective and timely sales call reporting to aid in market analysis, new product development, and pricing strategies
- Cooperate with teammates both in and outside the Sales department
- Represent Company at trade shows and conferences
- Act in accordance with company policies and cultural programs
- 75% travel within territory (approximately 10% overnight)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Engineering required; BSME preferred
- 5+ years’ experience selling engineered products
- Professional experience with an industrial manufacturing company providing electro-mechanical devices, fluidics, vacuum / pressure equipment, and/or small motors is preferred
- Communication skills must be excellent and will include onsite presentations, written proposal preparation, and effective email, phone, and face-to-face communications
- Microsoft Office proficiency required
In addition to a competitive base salary and sales performance bonus structure, KNF offers a comprehensive benefits package, including low-cost medical and dental coverage, paid time off, and 401(k) plan with company contribution.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***