Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist who will be responsible for all aspects of human resources including recruiting, compensation, employee relations, performance evaluations, training, employee benefits and terminations.
• Develop position descriptions in collaboration with manager/supervisors, recommend policies and procedures for the recruitment and evaluation of candidates for employment to ensure qualified candidates are hired in compliance with all applicable laws.
• Set up and maintain applicant tracking system for applicants.
• Post and maintain positions on job boards/web site as needed to attract quality candidates.
• Coordinate and conduct phone screens and in-person interviews, reference checking, and contribute to hiring decision.
• Develop and present employment offers to selected candidates.
• Prepare recruiting activity report and review headcount report as needed.
• Perform new hire on-boarding and orientation, including new hire paperwork and creation of personnel file.
• Maintain compensation structure for all positions.
• Maintain a proficient knowledge of time and attendance software systems while providing assistance in payroll processing with outside vendor.
• Communicate salary changes to payroll.
• Complete compensation surveys as needed.
• Provide guidance/assistance to management and employees, as needed, on a variety of employee relations matters, as needed.
• Serve as point of contact for enforcement of company policies.
• Coordinate and ensure that 6 month evaluations are completed for all new hires.
• Assist with administration of annual evaluation program.
• Coordinate all internal / external training and company sponsored career development activities.
• Support management team in development/training of employees.
• Maintain training database and related documentation for compliance with ISO requirements.
• Perform administration of all benefit options including medical, dental, 401(k), STD/LTD, etc.
• Coordinate health and welfare plan administration including benefit enrollments, premium and claim monitoring.
• Act as liaison with benefit vendors in answering benefit questions and issue resolution.
• Assist with administration of leave of absences.
• Conduct exit interviews.
• Process all end of employment paperwork.
• Ensure employee files and records are accurately and legally maintained.
• Contribute and collaborate with safety program coordinator to ensure safety and health programs are in accordance with OSHA and other legal requirements.
• Occasional travel may be required to international locations with other travel limited to local or regional attendance at business or industry meetings.
• Promotes awareness of company policies and cultural programs (LEITBILD and The KNF Way), ensuring that all staff is aware and responsive to these programs.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources is preferred, or equivalent experience in HR is required.
• PHR, SPHR, SHRM CP or SHRM SCP Certification is a plus.
• At least 3 years’ experience in an HR role.
• Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State laws, FMLA, ADA, Workers’ Compensation, COBRA, etc.
• Demonstrated computer proficiency. SAP experience is a plus.
• Excellent communication and organization skills and ability to interact with employees and applicants in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated adherence to acceptable ethical and behavioral standards of conduct.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks with attention to detail.
In addition to highly competitive compensation and bonus plan, KNF offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401K retirement plan and generous paid time off.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***