Inside Sales Representative
As an Inside Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the majority of prospective customer requests with a focus on qualifying new leads and directing them to the appropriate Sales Engineer as applicable.
We are looking for an Inside Sales Engineer to join our dynamic OEM Sales Team in Hamilton Township, NJ. As an Inside Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the majority of prospective customer requests with a focus on qualifying new leads and directing them to the appropriate Sales Engineer as applicable. This position is also responsible for ensuring smooth flow of customer information and requirements throughout the organization to the Customer Service, Engineering, Product Management, and Repair teams.
- Respond to customer inquiries and incoming leads relating to use, operation, and maintenance of Company products - this includes making appropriate product recommendations for new applications
- Work closely with sales team leaders to ensure seamless transfer of identified business growth opportunities to the outside sales teams
- Effectively communicate customer presentations and solution proposals via phone, email, and face-to-face interactions whether virtual or in-person
- Assess customer technical and commercial challenges to provide solutions addressing customer needs by reviewing drawings, plans, and customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates, project improvements, and develop project specific products to meet customer requirements
- Be an excellent technical problem solver, drawing on engineering knowledge to win new opportunities by asking questions to develop understanding of needs. Gain credibility as a subject matter expert to achieve bid opportunities, present optimized solutions, and gain commitments from the customer
- Communicate with the technical, purchasing, service, quality, and management contacts at Company’s customers, recognizing their parallel and important roles in securing new projects
- Manage multiple projects with varying development cycles that can range from a few months to many years
- Communicate requirements to internal key stakeholders (Production, Product Engineering, Customer Service, Marketing, Quality, etc.) to establish clear expectations for success
- Leverage CRM and other tools to report on sales activity aiding in market analysis, new product development, and pricing strategies, as well as to build a database of customer and application history
- Actively share and collaborate in the Company’s global online community
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Represent Company at trade shows and conferences (overnight travel required)
- Act in accordance with Company policies and cultural programs
- Travel up to 10%, including both domestic and international travel
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Engineering required; BSME preferred
- 0-3+ years’ experience in performing each of the activities identified in the position’s Duties & Responsibilities is desirable
- Professional experience with an industrial manufacturing company providing electro-mechanical devices, fluidics, vacuum / pressure equipment, and/or small motors is preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency required. SAP and CRM experience preferred
In addition to highly competitive compensation and bonus plan, KNF offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401K retirement plan and generous paid time off.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***