Associate Design Engineer, Manufacturing
The Associate Design Engineer, Manufacturing position will support KNF’s manufacturing engineering functions.
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop new and improved manufacturing processes to improve production efficiency, quality, throughput, ergonomics, and safety.
- Prepare detail design layouts, solid models, and finalized detail drawings of production fixturing, tooling, and workstations.
- Participate in design reviews and obtain design input from engineers, technicians, and other departments as required.
- Create and maintain Bills of Materials in SAP.
- Manage the 5S Action Card system in the Assembly Department.
- Work with Production and Engineering Teams to analyze and design layout of equipment and workstations to ensure maximum efficiency. Evaluate flow of material within workstations, to and from workstations, and then flow from workstation to final test and shipping.
- Define and document product assembly steps and develop work instructions.
- Demonstrate a Lean mindset with a focus on reduction of waste and non-value added processes.
- Work closely with Design Engineering to transition products from prototype to production by developing fixtures, assembly/test processes, training, workstations, and processes.
- Develop and implement methods to organize and store tools and fixtures using a 5S mindset to maximize production efficiency.
- Coordinate with the Stock department to optimize quantity, location, and ergonomic aspects of component stock.
- Track and monitor labor time spent on production work orders. Analyze labor productivity and efficiency using statistical methods.
- Troubleshoot production issues that prevent proper assembly, test and shipment. Prioritize and resolve such issues with a focus on problem, solving, root cause investigation, process improvement, and on time delivery.
- Promote awareness of company policies and cultural programs (LEITBILD and The KNF Way), ensuring that all staff is aware and responsive to these programs.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Industrial Engineering) or equivalent experience
- 0-3 years mechanical CAD design in a manufacturing environment, Pro Engineer / CREO experience preferred.
- Knowledge of how to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing fundamentals
- Knowledge of Machining Processes, 3D printing, and Assembly Processes desired
- Electro-mechanical experience a plus
- Knowledge of Materials and Finishes a plus
- Experience designing and manufacturing wire harnesses a plus
- Excellent organizational and written and verbal communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, stand, hear and see. The employee is also regularly required to use hands to handle, finger or feel objects/tools and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds, and seldom lift and move up to 25 pounds. The employee will rarely lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a temperature-controlled environment. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. There is limited exposure to electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment fluctuates between quiet and moderate.
In addition to highly competitive compensation and bonus plan, KNF offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401K retirement plan and generous paid time off.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***