We are looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer (Senior Level Role) for our Hamilton (just outside of Trenton), NJ location. We need an experienced manufacturing engineer who demonstrates excellent teamwork and collaboration skills within a cross functional operations team. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic team player with strong problem-solving abilities and the potential to eventually manage a team of manufacturing engineers and production personnel. This is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate your strengths in technical problem-solving and take on additional leadership responsibility in the future.
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities)
- Demonstrate a Lean mindset with a focus on reduction of waste and non-value added processes (physical, administrative, software related, working with other departments, etc.).
- Map manufacturing processes to establish baselines and suggest and implement improvements to optimize process and product flow. Apply lean tools including 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Kanban, and Continuous Flow to drive improvements.
- Develop new and improved manufacturing processes to improve production efficiency, quality, throughput, ergonomics, and safety.
- Analyze and design layout of equipment and workstations to ensure maximum efficiency. Evaluate flow of material within workstations, to and from workstations, and to final testing and shipping.
- Identify automation and infrastructure change opportunities and calculate associated costs and ROI. Upon management approval, lead the implementation of these improvements.
- Lead project teams and guide and support colleagues to deliver results.
- Use PowerBI to track and monitor labor time spent on production work orders. Analyze labor productivity and efficiency using statistical methods and adjust target routes.
- Apply statistical measures to analyze production efficiency and process variation. Monitor process control and repeatability using Process Capability Index (Cpk) and other statistical means.
- Participate in Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA) meetings to review and discuss production errors. Identify root causes, suggest, and implement corrective actions.
- Facilities Maintenance - Coordinate maintenance, repairs, and upgrades to the building and associated systems with vendors and employees - HVAC, electrical, plumbing, air supply, security, waste disposal, landscaping, structure, and roofing. Responsible for completion of facilities capital investment projects.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university and 7+ years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or similar engineering discipline
- Ability to lead and guide others
- Strong mechanical aptitude with demonstrated problem solving experience
- Experience reading and interpreting technical drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of assembly and machining processes
- Superior organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to efficiently organize and manage multiple priorities
- Experience with PLC’s and digital measurement equipment desired
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- Greenbelt certification preferred
- Prior work experience with SAP in an industrial/manufacturing environment is highly desired
The salary range for this position is $95,000 - $115,000.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, stand, hear and see. The employee is also regularly required to use hands to handle, finger or feel objects/tools and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. The employee will rarely lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a temperature- controlled office environment. When visiting the production floor, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts with a limited exposure to electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment fluctuates between quiet (office) and moderate (production floor) due to pneumatic gun/equipment use.
KNF offers competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package, including medical/dental coverage, paid time off, a generous incentive bonus and 401(k) plan.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***