The Procurement Specialist is responsible for planning and purchasing materials, quoting and negotiating for material, supplies, and services in support of KNF production operations. This individual will support quality, delivery, and cost initiatives and have sourcing responsibilities to manage commodities and develop and maintain supplier relationships with minimal supervision. This role will help drive supplier improvements in Quality, Delivery, and Cost initiatives. This role will be responsible for material planning, sourcing, and delivery to support order fulfillment.
- This position is responsible for ordering production material and services, responding to MRP or Kanban notifications and establishing and sizing material replenishment programs to maximize quality and service level while minimizing cost and inventory to provide the best competitive advantage for KNF.
- Determines and develops appropriate sources of supply and capacity, and maintains cooperative working relationships with vendors, staying current with products and services. Monitors supplier performance data to identify issues. Works closely with external and internal customers to ensure all needs are being met.
- Tracks actions and drives issues to closure using action plans and problem solving for the following with minimal supervision:
- Delivery with on-time delivery goals & improvement
- Delivery of sourcing projects against schedule and cost goals
- Purchase Price Variance and Cost Reduction Goals
- Inventory management for assigned material groups using replenishment systems, inventory control parameters with technical and supply chain support, and procurement Master Data in SAP.
- Negotiates with vendors regarding product or service price, availability, and delivery schedule. Maintains quality written and oral communications with suppliers and creates written supply contracts and agreements with minimal support.
- Prepares, processes, and authorizes purchase orders, arranges for First Article submission and inspection, manages open orders to ensure accuracy and on time delivery. Provides back up for buyer functions.
- Coordinates as appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers. Supports Quality department with resolution of supplier quality issues with suppliers.
- Follows KNF Fundamentals and incorporates them into daily management.
- Visits suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources with technical support.
- Assists in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems with minimal supervision.
- Reviews bills of materials for finished goods, secures and analyzes quotations to ensure accurate product cost calculation.
- Occasional travel may be required (less than 10%)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of procurement experience, or Associates degree and minimum 10 years of experience, or High School Diploma and minimum 15 years of experience.
- Ability to resolve issues relating to technical drawings and specifications with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
In addition to highly competitive compensation and bonus plan, KNF offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401K retirement plan and generous paid time off.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***