The Procurement Specialist will have responsibilities which include planning and purchasing materials, quoting and negotiating for equipment, supplies, and services in support of KNF operations.
- Ordering production material and services and developing replenishment programs, responding to MRP or Kanban triggers, to maximize quality and service level while minimizing cost and inventory to provide the best competitive advantage for KNF.
- Determining and developing appropriate sources of supply and maintain cooperative working relationships with vendors, staying current with products and services.
- Monitoring supplier performance data and integration of analytical data to identify issues, opportunities and actions. Working closely with external and internal customers to ensure all needs are being met.
- Tracking actions and driving issues to closure using action plans and problem solving for the following with minimal supervision:
- Delivery with on-time delivery goals & improvement
- Delivery of sourcing projects against schedule and cost goals
- Purchase Price Variance and Cost Reduction Goals
- Inventory management for assigned material groups using replenishment systems, inventory control parameters with technical and supply chain support, and procurement Master Data in SAP.
- Negotiating with vendors regarding product or service price, availability and delivery schedule. Maintaining quality written and oral communications with suppliers and creating written supply contracts and sourcing agreements with minimal support.
- Preparing, processing and authorizing purchase orders, arranging for First Article submission and inspection, managing open orders to ensure accuracy and on time delivery.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of procurement experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands on and Lean Manufacturing technical experience strongly preferred
- Project Management experience is strongly preferred
- Must have the ability to analyze high volume of data including identifying, managing, analyzing and forecasting trends and reports in MS Excel.
- MS Access is a plus.
Competencies that are important to this role include: Effective balance of Tactical and Strategic focus, commodity category management, project and relationship management; negotiation and analysis skills; financial acumen; aptitude for technology integration in daily work; results orientation, continual improvement mindset, professionalism, manufacturing material flow fluency.
In addition to highly competitive compensation and bonus plan, KNF offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401K retirement plan and generous paid time off.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***