Quality Assurance Repair Technician
The position will utilize the principles and theories of quality manufacturing in performing simple to moderately complex inspections to ensure raw materials, purchased components and finished products meet company and customer standards and specifications. The QAR Tech would assist in performing product repairs. This requires evaluating the product, disassembling, and replacing necessary parts and reassembling or rebuilding, and testing the product.
Quality Assurance Inspection
- Inspects for product quality from incoming receiving for purchased components.
- Conducts daily inspections of first piece and in-process samples on components being manufactured by our in-house machine shop.
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of quality issues concerning purchased product.
- Identifies and proactively communicates quality issues to management.
- Supports the maintenance and calibration of company owned measurement instruments, including those in QA and production departments.
- Evaluates product returns by testing and inspecting product as received.
- Performs product malfunction analyses by examining symptoms.
- Orders components required to repair product.
- Disassembles product, replaces necessary components, and reassembles in accordance with appropriate work instructions.
- Tests and evaluates repaired product performance in accordance with appropriate work instructions.
- Provides any recommendations or feedback to reduce the number of future deficiencies.
- Clearly and accurately documents all returns to enable tracking and trending of failure modes, causes and turnaround time.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prefer 1-3 years of hands-on electro-mechanical work experience and/or prior quality assurance experience.
- Ability to learn standard measurement techniques commonly used in a machine shop and high precision assembly environment.
- Ability to learn to read engineering drawings, specifications and inspection instructions including geometric dimensioning and tolerances in the metric system.
- Must have a basic electro-mechanical aptitude.
- Beginner skill level in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate (read, write and speak) clearly in English.
- Ability to perform routine shop-math calculations.
- Exhibits high attention to detail.
- Uses good judgment in decisions regarding process and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision.
In addition to highly competitive compensation and bonus plan, KNF offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401K retirement plan and generous paid time off.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***