Quality Assurance Inspector
The Quality Assurance Inspector will support the business, production, and cultural goals of the company and maintain the company’s Quality Management System.
The position will utilize the principles and theories of quality manufacturing in performing simple to moderately complex inspections to ensure raw materials, purchased components and finished products meet company and customer standards and specifications. The Associate Quality Assurance Inspector will inspect products using standard metrology equipment, including gauges, hand tools, calipers, micrometers, scales, Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), video-based measuring system and other instruments as may be required.
- Inspects for product quality from incoming receiving for purchased components.
- Conducts daily inspections of first piece and in-process samples on components being manufactured by our in-house machine shop.
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of quality issues concerning purchased product.
- Supports compliance with ISO 9001, particularly as it pertains to the inspection process.
- Identifies and proactively communicates quality issues to management.
- Processes associated documentation including SAP Inspection Reports and others.
- Participates in the annual audits of the major business processes that are part of the Quality Management System.
- Acts in accordance with company policies and cultural programs (LEITBILD and The KNF Way).
- Supports the maintenance and calibration of company owned measurement instruments, including those in QA and production departments.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Demonstrated experience with quality assurance methodologies.
- Prior quality assurance experience of at least 7 years.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of standard measurement techniques commonly used in a machine shop and high precision assembly environment.
- Intermediate skill level in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to perform routine shop-math calculations.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications and inspection instructions including geometric dimensioning and tolerances in the metric system.
- Experience using a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) is preferred.
- Experience using a video-based measurement system is preferred.
- Experience with SAP, particularly the inspection portion of the QM module is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma methodologies is desirable
- Calibration experience in an ISO certified environment preferred
- Familiar with Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Experience in medical, aerospace, automotive, or other manufacturing environment with stringent quality requirements is highly preferred.
In addition to highly competitive compensation and bonus plan, KNF offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401K retirement plan and generous paid time off.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***