Key Account and Business Development Manager
This position is responsible for achieving Company’s OEM Division sales goals within the assigned key customers by creating new opportunities and developing strong and rewarding internal and external customer relationships. Tasks are arranged by the supervisors for relevant works.
This position, under minimal guidance, functions as the principal relationship manager at selected, strategically important customers by cultivating and strengthening Company’s relationships at all organizational levels across all key account locations. It will also serve as the Company liaison for global key account initiatives. This key role within the sales organization functions as the principal relationship manager to the selected strategic customers by aligning customers’ needs with Company’s product and applications engineering, customer service, and marketing efforts.
- Focus on increasing Company business share at selected customers
- Create customer forecasts, develop customer-specific tactical and strategic action plans, report on market trends related to customers within your responsibility, implement positive change, and build a foundation for future growth
- Mapping of customers’ complex organizational structures
- Prepare and deliver on-site presentations and written proposals
- Collaborate with customers as their strategic resource and product expert to achieve solution sales and long-term customer commitments
- Continually refine excellent technical knowledge of Company products and capabilities – product specifications, applications, modifications, and troubleshooting – as the customer will depend on you rather than engineering to present proprietary customer solutions
- Effectively navigate the corporate level, technical, and supply chain functions to identify, partner with, and sell the overall Company value to key decision makers
- Manage multiple projects which may have multi-year development cycles - it is essential for you to direct a high level of co-ordination and follow up between the customers’ organizations and Company’s internal teams
- Communicate requirements to internal key stakeholders (Production, Product Engineering, Customer Service, Marketing, Quality, etc.) to establish clear expectations for success, while remaining aware of other’s work priorities
- Complete effective and timely sales call reporting to aid in market analysis, new product development, and pricing strategies
- Acts in accordance with company policies and cultural programs
- Cooperate with teammates both in and outside the Sales department
- Willing to travel according to demand, including trip planning
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required. Master’s degree is a plus
- 5-10 years’ experience in performing each of the core duties and responsibilities.
- Fluent English both in writing and speaking.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Professional experience with an industrial manufacturing company providing electro-mechanical devices, fluidics, vacuum / pressure equipment, and/or small motors is preferred.
- Communication skills must be excellent and will include onsite presentations, written proposal preparation, and effective email, phone, and face-to-face communications
- Formal training in the sales process is preferred
- CRM experience preferred