In this role, the Machinist will set-up and/or operate CNC Lathes and Mills, and/or operate manual lathes and mills to produce quality component parts for the assembly of pumps.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Set up, operate, and edit programs for CNC/Manual equipment
- Adjust workpiece and tooling offsets
- Use measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers and bore gages to accurately perform measurements on finished parts, verifying compliance to drawing requirements
- Performs secondary operations in support of the machine shop, including but not limited to cutting and preparing raw material and washing parts as needed
- Ability to comprehend geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T)
- Complete all required paperwork and machine shop work instructions related to each operation and job assignment
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly routine maintenance on CNC/Manual equipment per internal and external ISO standards
- Continually promote safety and quality throughout the machine shop
- Maintain 5S standards within assigned work areas
- Acts in accordance with company policies and cultural programs (LEITBILD and The KNF Way).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of machine operating experience required.
- Set-up experience a plus (can provide on-the-job training for those without experience).
- ProtoTRAK and/or Mazak experience a plus.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents (i.e. safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals), write routine reports and correspondence, and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts and have knowledge of the metric system or the ability to learn the metric system.
- Must have basic computer skills
This is a full time position. Day and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 3:30pm to 12:00 am for the second shift, but would also consider a candidate with first shift availability (7:00am - 3:30pm). Overtime work is available on an as needed basis.
We offer a great culture, amazing low-cost benefits and opportunities to grow and learn. We also offer a competitive hourly wage with a second shift differential and an exceptional benefits package, including low-cost medical and dental coverage, company-paid life insurance, paid time off, a generous incentive bonus and 401(k) plan with company contribution.
KNF Neuberger, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
***No agencies please***